Thursday, December 1, 2011

First Oden This Season

This dish is called "Oden" which is enjoyed when cold season comes in Japan.  These first two pictures are from PC-site.  Traditionally, we cook it  with this type of earthen pot.     recipe page link




Last Night, I made Oden myself with my Stainless Pot and took pictures. 



Oden is a Japanese one-pot dish in which ingredients are slowly simmered in soy sauce based soup. It's a typical Japanese winter dish. I put hard-boiled eggs, devil's tongue (or konjaca; chewy plant-based gelatin), daikon (radish), and various types of Japanese fried fish balls and fish cakes, mashroom, a kind of potato called koimo,flied tofu. I especially love the hard-boiled eggs, which has the subtle taste of the oden broth. You may think it is not a delicious looking dish because of its color, haha.
Well, it is a winter dish which can bring everyone in the family around the table, sharing good food and making nice conversation of the day, I love the atmosphere this dish have♪♪♪

No comments: